Bersamin denies quitting post, blames fake news
The Manila Times
EXECUTIVE Secretary Lucas Bersamin on Friday dismissed reports that he has stepped down from his post. Bersamin, a former chief justice, said he is a victim of “black propaganda.” Talks circulated earlier last week that he and several members of his staff resigned. “It is fake news and part of black propaganda,” Bersamin told reporters in a text message. He did not say if he knows where the reports came from. The Presidential Communications Office (PCO) has also since refuted the reports and tagged them as “fake news.” “In the past several days, madami pa ding fake news na naranasan po ang PCO at ng mga members ng OP kaya talaga po isa ito sa mga lalabanan natin sa aking termino bilang secretary ng PCO (In the past several days, the PCO and members of the OP experienced being the subject of fake news, that is why we will really fight this during my term as PCO secretary),” PCO chief Cheloy Garafil said during her confirmation hearing before the Commission on Appointments last March 15.